I am a Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Toronto within the Toronto Intelligent Decision Engineering Laboratory under the supervision of Dr. J. Christopher Beck. I completed my B.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering at UofT specializing in robotics and automation. My doctoral research lies at the intersection of artificial
intelligence (AI) and operations research (OR), where I study planning and scheduling with applications in multi-robot systems through my involvement with the Autonomous Systems and Biomechatronics Laboratory.
My primary research goal is to develop new and efficient search techniques to solve various autonomous decision-making problems. Broadly, my interests include combinatorial optimization, constraint satisfaction, mathematical & constraint programming, automated scheduling, machine learning, and robotics.
- 16/05/2018: On May 26th, 2018 I will be hosting an Operations Research workshop at the Girls' Leadership in Engineering Experience!
- 11/04/2018: Journal article "Robots in Retirement Homes: Person Search and Task Planning for a Group of Residents by a Team of Assistive Robots" accepted to the ICAPS2018 Journal Presentation Track.
- 05/04/2018: Journal article "Intruder Alert! Optimization Models for Solving the Mobile Robot Graph-Clear Problem" accepted to Constraints.
- 08/02/2018: This year, I was the President of The Operations Research Challenge (TORCH) that took place on March 17th, 2018. It was a great event! Look out for TORCH2019 next year.
- 28/01/2018: Conference paper "Comparing and Integrating Constraint Programming and Temporal Planning for Quantum Circuit Compilation" accepted to ICAPS2018.
- 21/07/2017: Journal article "Robots in Retirement Homes: Person Search and Task Planning for a Group of Residents by a Team of Assistive Robots" accepted to IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- 10/07/2017 - 03/01/2018: I participated in a research internship at the NASA Ames Research Center with the Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (QuAIL)
- 15/06/2017: I was involved in the development of the optimization models that power NHLExpansionDraft.com - check it out!
- 12/06/2017: I attended the 1st Summer School on Cognitive Robotics at MIT with the CSAIL group.
- 05/09/2016: I attended the 22nd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP2016), and received the Distinguished Student Paper Award.
[Key Words] Planning & Scheduling, Robotics, Operations Research, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization, Mathematical Programming, Combinatorics